When a committee is formed, and office holders elected, one of the first tasks to be undertaken by the Treasurer is to develop a good accounting system. The ideal book-keeping system should be simple enough to allow you to keep records up to date with minimum effort while providing the necessary information to run and control the organisation.
The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Management Committee to safeguard the organisation's finances.
A good treasurer will:
- Role of Treasurers, Report to Marae Committee and other Best Practices
- Template for invoicing and receipts
- Cashbook or accounting systems (Xero and Others)
- Auditing Process
- IRD Status application for charities tax free
- Link to budget advice services and links. Helen Adams - Kaitaia Budgeting Services (Te Rarawa)